Remote Learning Offer
At Alexander Hosea Primary school we understand the need to deliver the best education we can possibly provide during remote learning periods/national lock downs whether for the whole school, class bubbles or individual pupils. The school vision ‘Roots to Grow, wings to fly’ is interwoven into everything we do in our full curriculum offer and within our remote learning. We are committed to ensuring that the children have access to the learning resources and support they need to succeed and shine.
Through our remote learning policy and offer we are committed to:
- Minimising the disruption to pupils’ education through the delivery of a relevant, well planned and varied curriculum.
- Ensuring that teaching is well planned and sequenced.
- Setting tasks and activities that provide pupils with meaningful and ambitious work in a number of different subjects.
- Ensuring that provision is in place so that all pupils have access to high quality learning resources and strategies –which are consistently applied across school.
- To be responsive to children’s learning and allowing it to shape what we offer.
- To differentiate work to ensure the accessibility for all pupils; especially children with SEND.
- Ensuring that all pupils have the provision they need to complete their work to the best of their ability, and to remain happy, healthy, and supported during periods of remote learning.
- Remain in communication with parents using Google Classroom.
- Providing live and recorded lessons and support (including through intervention group work, class meet ups, collective worship and PE sessions).